Sunday, February 26, 2017

Impressions of the Turks and Caicos

 

We spent a day on Grace Bay here on Provo.  When I saw this impromptu gathering of island scarecrows 
I was smitten. Everyone has a creative side. 

Why is it that sights you could see almost anywhere seem more interesting while
 you are traveling? Our eyes are wide open. 

 

These bikes on Salt Cay in shades turquoise seemed so Caribbean. 

 

Had a very nice dinner at CoCo Bistro. The setting was stunning! Set in a palm grove with all the trunks 
circled in tube lights. The bright orange red of the buildings and surrounding structures 
was perfect with accents in white. 

 

Did a day trip by ferry to the North & Middle Caicos islands. Some gorgeous views but mostly vegitation you can't see through. Glad we went but wouldn't recommend the effort. This spot, Mudjin Beach, was the high light. 


 


As always, a sucker for rust & texture. 

 

For my calligraphy pals, I found some on our dessert last night. We have been eat in & pack lunches a fair amount here but have done some splurges. There was nothing left of this when we got done with it, so glad I took a picture. 

In 2 days we fly back to Michigan, which has had a dose of warm sunny Spring like weather while we were gone. That 's OK, we like the weather & the water here. 


2 comments:

  1. Oh my! Those scarecrows are fabulous! And you could use that 'calligraphy' as an overlay if you do digital art. Must have been a great trip all around. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures!

    Your link worked perfectly!
    Heather
    Co-Host, 2017 Blogging from A to Z April Challenge

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please give me your feed back or questions about anything you find here.